Wonder # 2825: Who Was James Baldwin?
Question 1 of 3
Why did James Balwin move to France, where he spent most of his life?
- to write book reviews
- to become a Baptist preacher
- Because of racism and homophobia in the United States
- he was born there, but later moved to New York City
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following did James Baldwin NOT do as a supporter of the Civil Rights Movement?
- Wrote a speech for Martin Luther King Jr.
- Became friends with leader of the Movement, Malcolm X
- Attended the 1963 March on Washington
- Attended the 1965 Selma to Montgomery March
Question 3 of 3
This Wonder was mainly about . . .
- New York’s Greenwich Village in the 1940s
- The influence of James Baldwin’s writings on Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.
- The writing process and success of the novel “Go Tell It on the Mountain”
- The life and literary career of James Baldwin
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Who-Was-James-Baldwin.