WONDER #1878: Why Can’t We Feel Earth Spin?
Question 1 of 3
How fast does Earth spin?
- 10 miles per hour (about 16 kilometers per hour)
- 55 miles per hour (about 88.5 kilometers per hour)
- 150 miles per hour (about 241.4 kilometers per hour)
- 1,000 miles per hour (about 1609 kilometers per hour)
Question 2 of 3
One of the reasons we don’t feel Earth’s spin is because is Earth’s motion is so what?
Question 3 of 3
You might notice Earth’s spin in which of the following situations?
- driving in a car
- jumping out of an airplane
- Earth's rotation slows down
- flying a kite
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-cant-we-feel-earth-spin.