WONDER #1883: What Are Refugees?
Question 1 of 3
People forced to flee their homes because of persecution but who remain in their country without crossing an international border are called _______________.
- internally displaced persons
Question 2 of 3
About what percentage of refugees are under the age of 18?
- 10 percent
- 25 percent
- 50 percent
- 99 percent
Question 3 of 3
Which is NOT a reason a person might become a refugee?
- They are being persecuted because of their religion
- They are threatened with violence because of their race
- Their country is at war and they are in danger because of their political opinions
- They don’t like living in their home country anymore
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Causes-People-to-Become-Refugees.