WONDER #2303: Where is Coober Pedy?
Question 1 of 3
Why do most people who travel through Coober Pedy never see it?
- The town is very small.
- People only pass through on a very fast train.
- The town is underground.
- Everything is always covered in sand.
Question 2 of 3
Why do the residents of Coober Pedy mostly live underground?
- They are very private people.
- If they lived above ground, they wouldn’t be able to find opals.
- They prefer for their homes have very little light.
- It protects them from the extreme heat and cold.
Question 3 of 3
What is the special term for the underground homes of Coober Pedy?
- Miner huts
- Opal Palaces
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/where-is-coober-pedy.