WONDER #2308: How Do You Build a Ship Inside a Bottle?
Question 1 of 3
According to the Wonder, what part of a ship do sails attach to?
Question 2 of 3
Why did sailors begin making model ships?
- They had a lot of extra wood and fabric and needed something to do with it.
- Captains asked them to make model ships to test their knowledge.
- They needed something to do during their free time on the ship.
- They had ideas for new types of ships and wanted to make small versions of them.
Question 3 of 3
Why do artists attach the masts using wire?
- The wire is strong enough to hold the masts in place.
- They need something thin enough to fit through the holes in the toothpicks.
- The wire will last a lot longer than string would.
- The wire makes the masts collapsible so the ship will fit through the neck of the bottle.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-do-you-build-a-ship-inside-a-bottle.