WONDER #2310: Who was Mrs. Sherlock Holmes?
Question 1 of 3
Why did people call Grace Humiston “Mrs. Sherlock Holmes”?
- She was married to Sherlock Holmes.
- She was an excellent lawyer.
- She was always reading mystery stories.
- She was able to solve cases that police had given up on.
Question 2 of 3
What caused Mrs. Sherlock Holmes to focus on Alfredo Cocchi as a suspect in the disappearance of Ruth Cruger?
- Ruth had taken her ice skates to his shop to be sharpened the day she disappeared.
- Cocchi fled to Italy after he was questioned by police.
- Cocchi’s wife told her that she had seen Ruth enter the shop but had not seen her leave.
- Both a and b
Question 3 of 3
What was the perspective of the police on Ruth Cruger’s disappearance?
- They believed Alfredo Cocchi murdered her.
- They believed Ruth Cruger ran away.
- They thought the family was involved.
- They did not trust Grace Humiston.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/who-was-mrs-sherlock-holmes.