WONDER #2318: Can You Carve a City Out of Rock?
Question 1 of 3
Petra was carved from what type of rock?
Question 2 of 3
What caused the Nabataeans to build their capital city in Petra?
- They wanted to live in the beautifully carved buildings.
- They thought they would be safe from the Romans there.
- The city was in the perfect location to become a center of trade.
- The view from the city was amazing.
Question 3 of 3
Why did Johann Ludwig Burckhardt enter Petra in disguise?
- The people who lived there didn't allow outsiders to enter the city.
- He was trying to solve a crime.
- He had committed a crime and didn’t want to be recognized.
- He knew that the disguise would help hide him from the extreme heat of the desert sun.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Can-You-Carve-a-City-Out-of-Rock.