WONDER #2334: Why Does the Moon Change Shape?
Question 1 of 3
The “dark side” of the Moon is...
- the side of the Moon that doesn’t get sunlight.
- the side of the Moon that looks like a face.
- another name for a Lunar Eclipse.
- the side of the Moon that cannot be seen from Earth.
Question 2 of 3
Why can’t we see the New Moon?
- The Earth’s shadow blocks the Sun from shining on the Moon.
- Sunlight is falling on the side of the Moon that can’t be seen from Earth.
- Thick clouds stop the Moon’s light from shining through.
- The Moon’s light is too dim to see compared to the stars.
Question 3 of 3
The Lunar Cycle lasts about __________ days.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-does-the-moon-change-shape.