WONDER #2335: What is a Quotient?
Question 1 of 3
The result of dividing one number by another is called a ________________.
Question 2 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- Math isn’t used often outside of school.
- Division is hard.
- Division is used often in real life, and there are strategies that make division easier.
- Long division has a lot of rules, so you should make up a poem or song to help you remember them.
Question 3 of 3
What is a remainder?
- The result of adding two numbers together
- Any amount that’s left over after you’ve divided a number as equally as you can
- The result of multiplying two numbers
- The number of groups you divide an original number into
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-is-a-Quotient.