WONDER #2349: Why is Greenland Icy and Iceland Green?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The Vikings were a seafaring people who raided and conquered many lands before vanishing completely.
- The Vikings named Iceland and Greenland based on what the land looked like when they arrived, and the climate of both places has changed over time.
- Greenland and Iceland are both flourishing countries with deep roots and vibrant cultures.
- The “Little Ice Age” threatened life in Greenland.
Question 2 of 3
What caused Erik the Red to give Greenland its name?
- He wanted to give it a name that would encourage people to move there.
- No part of the island was icy when he arrived.
- He landed in a region that was not covered in ice, so it had plenty of green plant life.
- Both a and c
Question 3 of 3
Cold water from Greenland’s melting ice is slowing the _________________.
- El Niño
- Gulf Stream
- Sea Travel
- Little Ice Age
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-is-greenland-icy-and-iceland-green.