WONDER #2376: What is Sleep Apnea?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how sleep apnea is similar to and different from other sleep disorders.
- ways you can stop snoring.
- why everyone should be checked for sleep apnea.
- sleep apnea, a disorder in which people stop breathing in their sleep.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is NOT a symptom of sleep apnea, according to this Wonder?
- Daytime sleepiness
- Sleeping straight through the night
- Decreased attention
Question 3 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that sleep apnea is common?
- “Sleep apnea affects over 18 million Americans of all ages.”
- “As soon as they’re breathing regularly again, they fall back to sleep.”
- “Left untreated, the disorder can have severe impacts.”
- “Sometimes, sleep apnea runs in families.”
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-sleep-apnea.