WONDER #2381: What Happened to Explorer John Cabot?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- John Cabot, who was one of the first European to land in North America.
- the travels of Christopher Columbus in 1492.
- how the ships of early explorers were built.
- Cabot Strait, which was named for explorer John Cabot.
Question 2 of 3
What causes most people to think John Cabot was lost at sea?
- A letter in a bottle made it back saying the ship was in trouble.
- His shipwreck was found years later with no people in sight.
- Most people do not think John Cabot was lost at sea.
- His ships ran into a bad storm after setting sail, and the ship he was on was never seen again.
Question 3 of 3
John Cabot arrived in North America on the ship _______________.
- USS Constitution
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-happened-to-explorer-john-cabot.