WONDER #2383: Have You Ever Seen a Red Panda?
Question 1 of 3
Which of the following statements about red pandas is NOT true?
- Red pandas live in high-altitude forests.
- Red pandas make a noise called a huff-quack.
- Red pandas only eat bamboo.
- Red pandas are hunted and poached for fur.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is the BEST evidence that red pandas are endangered?
- “Red pandas are normally silent.”
- “Today, there may be fewer than 2,500 red pandas in the wild.”
- “While giant pandas can grow to be over 200 pounds, red pandas are about the size of house cats.”
- “Red pandas are common to the mountains of Nepal, Myanmar, and China.”
Question 3 of 3
How does the color of a red panda’s fur help it?
- The color helps the red panda blend in with its surroundings.
- The color makes the red panda stand out.
- The color scares away predators who would hurt the red panda.
- The color is the only thing that sets it apart from the giant panda.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/have-you-ever-seen-a-red-panda.