WONDER #2388: What Are Pesticides Made Of?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how pesticides work to stop Lyme disease.
- why every farmer and gardener should stop using pesticides.
- the work of the EPA.
- the ingredients in pesticides and their benefits and drawbacks.
Question 2 of 3
Which statement would BEST support the argument that pests are more dangerous to people than pesticides?
- “Inert ingredients often make up as much as 95 percent of the pesticide.”
- “Pests can spread diseases like West Nile Virus and Lyme disease.”
- “When you’re growing food, pests can ruin the day.”
- “Besides the health risk to humans, pesticides also hurt the environment.”
Question 3 of 3
Which of these is NOT a danger of pesticides?
- Pesticides cause weeds to overtake crops.
- Pesticides can harm birds, fish, and helpful insects.
- Pesticides can make soil less fertile.
- Pesticides may contain chemicals that cause eye irritation, blindness, and kidney failure.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-are-pesticides-made-of.