WONDER #2389: Why Do We Have Nose Hair?
Question 1 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- The best way to get rid of nose hair is trimming.
- The best ways to stop air pollution.
- Nose hair protects us from dangerous particles in the air.
- Sneezing is caused by particles from the air.
Question 2 of 3
The two types of nose hairs are called...
- cilia and vibrissae
- smog and vibrissae
- pollen and bacteria
- mucus and cilia
Question 3 of 3
Which is the best evidence that air pollution is a serious health concern?
- “When we breathe through our noses, nose hair catches those particles.”
- “Poor air quality caused about 4.2 million premature deaths in 2016, according to the World Health Organization.”
- “Dirt and bacteria can get caught in those follicles and cause a bad infection.”
- “With all that pollution in the air, how can our nose hairs keep up?”
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-do-we-have-nose-hair.