WONDER #2392: Who Was Henry David Thoreau?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Everyone should get the chance to disconnect every once in a while.
- Henry David Thoreau was a transcendentalist who lived alone in a cabin for several years and wrote books and essays.
- The only way to experience nature is to live alone in the woods for many years.
- Henry David Thoreau was one of the best American authors of all time.
Question 2 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that Thoreau was dedicated to the fight against slavery?
- Thoreau was put in jail because he didn’t pay taxes in protest of slavery.
- Thoreau was a transcendentalist.
- Thoreau was good friends with other abolitionists.
- Thoreau worked as a teacher before working for his family’s pencil-making business.
Question 3 of 3
______________________ wanted to rise above materialism and other societal ills.
- Walden Pond
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-Henry-David-Thoreau.