WONDER #2406: Why Does Spicy Food Make Your Nose Run?
Question 1 of 3
All chili peppers contain __________________.
- vitamin E
Question 2 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that capsaicin may be healthy?
- “There may also be a link between capsaicin and healthy weight, heart function, and artery health.”
- “Many people find spicy food tasty.”
- “As soon as your body notices capsaicin, it responds.”
- “Does this make spicy food sound dangerous? In most cases, it isn’t!”
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Spice is the best flavor for food.
- You should never add chili peppers to your food because they will make you sick.
- Spicy food contains capsaicin, which makes your nose run but also has health benefits.
- There are many meals that include chili peppers.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-does-spicy-food-make-your-nose-run.