WONDER #2409: What Was Segregation?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Rosa Parks fought to end segregation.
- Segregation happened in many places, including the United States.
- Segregation was a harmful practice of separating Americans of different races in all areas of society.
- Segregation is okay as long as facilities are “separate but equal.”
Question 2 of 3
Which court case led the Supreme Court to end lawful segregation?
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
- Roe v. Wade
- Plessy v. Ferguson
- Obergefell v. Hodges
Question 3 of 3
Under segregation, Black Americans did not have _________________ under the law.
- any rights
- equal protection
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-Segregation.