WONDER #2425: What is a Recession?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- what caused the Great Depression.
- what a recession is and how to prepare for one.
- who to blame for a recession.
- the difference between a recession and a depression.
Question 2 of 3
What is gross domestic product (GDP)?
- The average income of people living in a country.
- The amount of money a country spends on its military.
- The total value of a country’s goods and services.
- How much money is paid to workers each year.
Question 3 of 3
Which is the best evidence that recessions are more common than many might think?
- “Some economists try to predict when a recession will happen.”
- “The Great Recession of 2008 lasted 18 months.”
- “When GDP falls, it’s a good sign that a recession is happening.”
- “Since the Great Depression, America has experienced 13 recessions.”
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-is-a-Recession.