WONDER #2430: What Insect Builds a Mud Nest?
Question 1 of 3
It’s the ______________ mud dauber wasps that build their nests.
Question 2 of 3
Why do mud dauber wasps leave paralyzed spiders in their nests?
- To keep them away from their eggs.
- So that larvae can eat them after hatching.
- To trap the spiders so they can’t bite people.
- Mud dauber wasps do not leave paralyzed spiders in their nests.
Question 3 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how to raise a mud dauber wasp as a pet.
- ways to safely remove mud dauber nests from your home.
- mud dauber wasps, which build their nests out of mud and rarely sting humans.
- why mud dauber wasps build their nests in sheltered areas.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Insect-Builds-a-Mud-Nest.