WONDER #2443: What is Depression?
Question 1 of 3
Which of these is NOT a symptom of depression?
- Increased energy and positivity
- Feeling sad, anxious, or empty for two weeks or more
- Trouble sleeping or oversleeping
- Headache or stomach ache
Question 2 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that many people experience depression at some point?
- “A person who has a low opinion of themselves or who are easily stressed is also at risk for depression.”
- “Sometimes, it runs in families.”
- “Sometimes, depression causes physical symptoms like headaches or stomach aches.”
- “[Depression] is a very complex condition that affects about one in six people during their lifetimes.”
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Depression can cause people to lose enjoyment in their favorite activities.
- Depression can be treated.
- Depression has many causes and symptoms and affects many people at one point in their lives.
- Depression is not just feeling sad.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-depression.