WONDER #2475: What is the Science Behind Love?
Question 1 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- Love is confusing.
- The human brain releases different chemicals when a person feels various types of love.
- Many experts think animals feel love, just like humans do.
- Some brain chemicals are oxytocin, vasopressin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin.
Question 2 of 3
The type of love a person feels for friends and family is called __________________.
Question 3 of 3
Which of these is NOT true about the science of love, according to this Wonder?
- The part of the brain that releases the chemicals connected to love is very primitive.
- Many experts believe other animals feel love.
- Attraction and attachment cause the brain to release different chemicals.
- All feelings of love are the same.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-is-the-Science-Behind-Love.