WONDER #2533: How Long Have Schools Had Sports Teams?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- why schools should play sports.
- what kind of sports are the most fun.
- the history of sports in schools.
- ways sports get in the way of academics.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following gave more kids access to school sports?
- Title IX
- The end of segregation
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- All of the above
Question 3 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that sports have a positive impact on kids academically?
- “As of 2013, 7.7 million American students took part in school sports.”
- “Studies have shown that student athletes are more likely to go to college.”
- “Early public schools wanted to give students a well-rounded education.”
- “Soon, kids were rushing to join baseball, basketball, and track and field teams.”
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-long-have-schools-had-sports-teams.