WONDER #3534: Can You Believe Two Opposite Things?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- what cognitive dissonance is and ways people handle it.
- why it’s impossible to believe two opposite things.
- ways to get rid of bad habits.
- what parts of the brain contribute to cognitive dissonance.
Question 2 of 3
Who developed the theory of cognitive dissonance?
- Sigmund Freud
- Percy Lavon Julian
- Ana Achucarro
- Leon Festinger
Question 3 of 3
Which of these is NOT a way to handle cognitive dissonance?
- Change one of the beliefs or habits that cause the dissonance.
- Continue to believe two opposite ideas even though it causes disharmony.
- Tell yourself a belief is less important in order to justify your actions.
- Focus on other beliefs that lower the impact of the habit
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Can-You-Believe-Two-Opposite-Things.