WONDER #2546: How Often is "Once in a Blue Moon'?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The moon changes colors each month, even if you don’t notice it.
- “Once in a Blue Moon” is an idiom, but it’s also an event that happens once every two-and-a-half years.
- The moon appeared blue in the sky after a volcanic eruption in Indonesia in 1883.
- Full Moons happen every 29 days.
Question 2 of 3
What do people mean when they say, “Once in a Blue Moon”?
- They mean sad events that make people “blue.”
- They mean something that happens exactly once every two years.
- They mean something that happens every day.
- They mean something that happens very rarely.
Question 3 of 3
What volcano erupted in 1883 and caused the moon to appear blue to people in Indonesia?
- Mt. Everest
- Mauna Kea
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Often-is-“Once-in-a-Blue-Moon”.