WONDER #2556: What is Kleptomania?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Stealing is always wrong and no one should ever do it.
- Only about 0.3 to 0.6 percent of people have kleptomania.
- People with kleptomania should seek treatment.
- Kleptomania is a psychiatric disorder in which people can’t resist the urge to steal.
Question 2 of 3
Kleptomania often coincides with other _________________.
- theft conditions
- impulse control disorders
- therapy and medicine
Question 3 of 3
Which of these statements about kleptomania is NOT true?
- Kleptomania is very rare.
- Kleptomania is a moral failing.
- Kleptomania occurs more often in women than in men.
- Kleptomania can be treated with therapy and medicine.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-is-Kleptomania.