WONDER #2607: What Was the Cannonball Run?
Question 1 of 3
The official starting point for the Cannonball Run was in __________________.
- Los Angeles
- Redondo Beach
- New York City
Question 2 of 3
Why is there no official Cannonball Run today?
- No one is interested in driving in the race
- Racing on public roads is illegal in the U.S.
- Driving at the average speeds reached by many Cannonballers would break most posted speed limits.
- Both b and c
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- It’s a lot of fun to take a road trip across an entire country.
- The Cannonball Run was a coast-to-coast car race across the U.S. that happened in 1971, 1972, 1975, and 1979, but is illegal today.
- Brock Yates was a journalist who wrote many great movies, including “The Cannonball Run.”
- The Cannonball Run is why highways in the U.S. have posted speed limits.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-was-the-Cannonball-Run.