WONDER #2629: What Happens if You Wake a Bear From Hibernation?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- why and how bears hibernate and why you shouldn’t wake them.
- why quality sleep is important to all animals.
- why humans don’t hibernate.
- how researchers who study bear hibernation hope to help future stroke patients.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following does NOT happen to a bear when it hibernates?
- The bear’s heart rate slows.
- The bear’s body temperature drops a few degrees.
- The bear loses the ability to open its eyes until spring.
- The bear burns calories slower.
Question 3 of 3
Scientists have learned that bears keep much of their _____________ while hibernating.
- muscle and bone mass
- regular activities
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Happens-if-You-Wake-a-Bear-From-Hibernation.