WONDER #2632: What Was Sherman's March to the Sea?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Sherman’s March to the Sea was not as deadly as most other campaigns during the American Civil War.
- Many controversial strategies have been used by military leaders in battle.
- The American Civil War lasted four years.
- William Tecumseh Sherman was a general in the Union Army who led the March to the Sea during the American Civil War.
Question 2 of 3
A method of battle that goes beyond military combat and targets everyday people is called ___________.
- slash and burn
- no rules war
- total war
- civil war
Question 3 of 3
Which of these was NOT part of Sherman’s strategy during the March to the Sea?
- Rack up as many casualties as possible.
- Show people the power of the Union Army.
- Leave citizens and soldiers without food or supply lines.
- Show Confederate citizens that their government could not protect them.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Was-Sherman's-March-to-the-Sea.