WONDER #2687: How Do Scabs Form?
Question 1 of 3
Which is NOT a way to help a scab heal?
- Keep the area moist
- Wash with soap and water
- Use cold and hot compresses as needed
- Scratch at the scab when it itches
Question 2 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Scabs form from blood clots and are part of your body’s natural healing process.
- Scabs are a sign of infection, especially if they last more than a few weeks.
- Every injury is different and requires special treatment.
- Blood platelets help your skin regrow tissue after a wound.
Question 3 of 3
A scab may leave a ________, which may be permanent or go away after a few years.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Do-Scabs-Form.