WONDER #2691: What Is the Prisoner's Dilemma?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- It’s always important to show loyalty to your group in all situations, even the most difficult ones.
- The prisoner’s dilemma is a situation in which a person must choose whether to make a sacrifice and cooperate with others or act in their own self-interest.
- Decisions can be very difficult.
- The prisoner’s dilemma is related to the idea of game theory and there are many real-life examples of both.
Question 2 of 3
The concept of the prisoner’s dilemma is related to _____________.
- game theory
- tragedy of the commons
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Both a and b
Question 3 of 3
Which is a real-life example of the prisoner’s dilemma, according to this Wonder?
- Grocery shopping
- Testifying as a witness
- Cold War nuclear arms race
- Volunteering time to help your community
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-the-Prisoner’s-Dilemma.