WONDER #2697: What Is Geomorphology?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Many scientists study glaciers, mountains, and other types of landforms.
- Erosion and deposition help create new landforms and wear down old ones.
- Geomorphology is the study of how landforms are made and how they change over time.
- Geomorphology is the best choice if you want to study other planets.
Question 2 of 3
Which topic would you NOT expect a geomorphologist to study?
- How rivers form canyons
- The life cycle of jellyfish
- Why glaciers are melting
- How plateaus form over time
Question 3 of 3
The study of how rivers and streams affect landforms is called __________ geomorphology.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-Geomorphology.