WONDER #2768: Would You Want a Spekboom Plant?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Spekboom is quickly becoming the most popular plant in the world due to how easy it is to grow.
- Some nicknames for spekboom are “miracle plant,” “elephant bush,” “pork bush,” and “elephant food.”
- Spekboom is a succulent plant native to South Africa that has many uses, including the ability to absorb large amounts of carbon dioxide.
- Both people and animals can eat spekboom.
Question 2 of 3
Which is NOT a condition people treat with spekboom, according to this Wonder?
- Sore Throat
Question 3 of 3
Which of the following statements is NOT true, according to this Wonder?
- Spekboom produces pink flowers.
- Planting spekboom is the only thing people need to do to stop climate change.
- One hectare of spekboom may offset the average person’s annual carbon footprint.
- Spekboom grows in semi-desert areas.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Would-You-Want-a-Spekboom-Plant.