WONDER #2807: What Is Fermat's Last Theorem?
Question 1 of 3
What is the name of the person who proved Fermat’s Last Theorem?
- Leonhard Euler
- Andrew Wiles
- Sophie Germain
Question 2 of 3
Fermat’s Last Theorem was written down by Pierre de Fermat in the margin of which book?
- Protogaea by Gottfried Leibniz
- Principia Mathematica by Isaac Newton
- Disquisitiones Arithmeticae by Carl F. Gauss
- Arithmetica by Diophantus
Question 3 of 3
A mathematical proof is . . .
- a set numbers that can not be represented as decimals
- a statement that shows a particular math concept is true
- the point towards which a series or function converges
- a number system that extends complex numbers to four dimensions
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-Fermat's-Last-Theorem.