WONDER #2808: What Is a Sari?
Question 1 of 3
According to this Wonder, experts believe the word “sari” came from the Sanskrit word for . . .
- decorative body wrap
- strip of cloth
- rectangular cut of fabric
- wedding dress
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is NOT true about the wearing of saris?
- People have been wearing them for over 5,000 years
- Special saris are often worn at important cultural events, like weddings
- Saris are ONLY made of cotton and silk
- Saris are often passed down for many generations
Question 3 of 3
This Wonder is mainly about . . .
- how to design and make your own traditional clothing
- the cultural heritage of the Indus Valley Civilization
- a comparative review of many types of traditional clothing including kimonos, kilts, and saris
- the cultural importance and history of a traditional type of dress called a sari
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-a-Sari.