Wonder #2817: What Caused the Tunguska Event?
Question 1 of 3
Scientists believe that if the Tuskunga asteroid had impacted the ground it would have done which of the following?
- left a crater two miles wide
- left trees standing in the center of the impact
- caused damage as far away as eastern Asia
- led witnesses to believe a spaceship from another planet had landed
Question 2 of 3
This Wonder was mainly about . . .
- Research projects undertaken by scientists at Federal Siberian University
- The effects and subsequent damage caused by an asteroid passing through the atmosphere in Siberia in 1908
- A description of different types of space rocks, such as comets, meteors, and asteroids
- Wildlife diversity near the Tuskunga River in Siberia
Question 3 of 3
What did the first team to investigate the Tuskunga site believe caused the effects they documented?
- a disease carried by the reindeer population
- the act of an angry god
- an atmospheric condition where the sky splits in two
- a space rock exploding in the earth’s atmosphere
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Caused-the-Tunguska-Event.