Wonder #2895: Who Was the Tenth Muse?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- The life of Sor Juana, a poet.
- The Spanish Golden Age.
- Spain’s colonies in the New World.
- How to write poetry.
Question 2 of 3
What evidence shows that Sor Juana was a great poet?
- She was born in New Spain.
- She wrote plays and poetry.
- She was famous for her poetry and many still read her work today.
- She died in 1695.
Question 3 of 3
What was the perspective of Sor Juana?
- She was the Tenth Muse.
- A convent is a nicer place to live than at court.
- Reading in the library is the best way to learn.
- Women should be allowed to learn and write just as men are.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-the-Tenth-Muse.