Wonder#2899: Who Invented the Hard Drive?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about…
- The man who invented the computer hard drive.
- How computers work.
- The woman who invented the computer hard drive.
- How to design your own computer.
Question 2 of 3
Why did Reynold Johnson first talk to IBM?
- He wanted to learn about their business.
- He wanted to see how computers work.
- He was trying to sell them his test-scoring invention.
- He disliked being a teacher.
Question 3 of 3
Based on information from the Wonder, what is true about computer hard drives?
- Modern hard drives are based on the same original design.
- The amount they are able to store has grown tremendously.
- They use magnetic disks to store data.
- All of the above.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Invented-the-Hard-Drive.