WONDER #2931: Why Isn't There Baseball for Women?
Question 1 of 3
What lesson can be learned from studying the history of men’s and women’s roles in baseball?
- That men and women have enjoyed equality in sports for over 100 years.
- That men and women have enjoyed equality in society for over 100 years.
- That men and women have both played softball professionally
- None of the above.
Question 2 of 3
The All-American Girls Professional Baseball League formed because . . .
- Major League Baseball wanted to form a league for women.
- World War II took a lot of men away from baseball.
- Women demanded an equal chance to play.
- All of the above.
Question 3 of 3
Based on information from the Wonder, what is Title IX?
- Education policy that bans sex discrimination.
- Education policy that creates baseball leagues for women.
- Education policy that bans school-age women playing sports.
- Education policy that pays for female sports officials.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Why-Isn't-There-Baseball-for-Women.