WONDER #681: What's in a Name?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how to create a new and unique name.
- why some names are more popular worldwide than others are.
- how people choose names and what some of the most popular names in the U.S. are.
- why people from different cultures tend to choose different names for their children.
Question 2 of 3
The study of names and their origins is called ____________.
Question 3 of 3
Which of the following is a common reason parents choose a specific name for their child?
- It’s a family name passed down for generations.
- They like the name’s historical meaning.
- They like how the name sounds.
- All of the above.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What’s-in-a-Name.