WONDER #728: Can Parrots Really Talk?
Question 1 of 3
What is the most likely a reason a parrot might ask, "How are you?" when you enter a room, according to this Wonder?
- It cares about how you're doing.
- It is imitating the words its heard you say many times when walking into a room.
- It is just being polite.
- It wants you to think it's paying attention.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is NOT true about the special parrot called Alex?
- Alex was an African Gray Parrot.
- Alex could count to eight.
- Alex could name 50 different objects.
- Alex could read Shakespeare.
Question 3 of 3
Why do parrots mimic their owners, according to this Wonder?
- They are social creatures that want to interact and fit in with those around them.
- They are interested in human language.
- They think they're much smarter than other birds.
- They like to trick people into thinking they can talk.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/can-parrots-really-talk.