WONDER #750: What Are Spoonerisms?
Question 1 of 3
What are spoonerisms?
- Accidents caused by misuse of a spoon
- Slips of the tongue, when you accidentally switch consonants, vowels, or sounds in words.
- Commonly misspelled words
- Sayings that have been passed down for many years
Question 2 of 3
Spoonerisms are named after _________________________.
- spoons (the utensil)
- Reverend William Archibald Spooner
- a school in England
- no one knows
Question 3 of 3
Why do people sometimes use spoonerisms on purpose?
- To impress others
- People do not use spoonerisms on purpose
- Because of how funny they can be
- They often make more sense than the correct phrase
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Are-Spoonerisms.