WONDER #761: Can a Word be Both a Noun and a Verb?
Question 1 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- Words are either nouns or verbs--they can't be both.
- Word usage isn't something you have to worry about.
- Some words can be both nouns and verbs depending on how they are used in a sentence.
- Some words can be both nouns and verbs at the same time.
Question 2 of 3
- persons, places, things.
- speed, time, weight.
- feelings, ideas, acts.
- A & C
Question 3 of 3
What does a verb do?
- Flies around the room.
- Describes what a noun does.
- Names a specific place.
- Modifies a noun.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/Can-a-Word-Be-Both-a-Noun-and-a-Verb.