WONDER #770: Who Talks the Fastest?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about...
- how to become an auctioneer.
- the history of auctions and how they work.
- why auctioneering is a natural talent.
- the largest auction in the world, Christies.
Question 2 of 3
The fast, repetitious chant you hear during an auction is called what?
- Bid calling
- Auction chant
- Any of the above
Question 3 of 3
Which is the best evidence that auctions are a very old practice?
- "Auctions are conducted by fast talkers called auctioneers."
- "Once bids stop coming in, the item is sold to the current highest bidder."
- "Historians believe the first auction may have occurred in ancient Greece as long ago as 500 B.C."
- "The word auction comes from the Latin word augeō, which means 'I increase.'"
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/who-talks-the-fastest.