WONDER #784: Where is the World's Largest Pile of Trash?
Question 1 of 3
Which of these items take hundreds of years to decompose?
- Both a and b
Question 2 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about...
- how to recycle.
- the Pacific Trash Vortex.
- how sea creatures are affected by pollution.
- how helpful garbage trucks are.
Question 3 of 3
Why isn't the Pacific Trash Vortex easily seen from planes or satellites?
- The trash is degraded quickly by the ocean water.
- Clouds stop us from being able to see it from the sky.
- Much of the litter consists of tiny pieces of plastic that float at or just below the surface.
- All the trash is the same color as the water.
Check your answers online at https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/where-is-the-worlds-largest-pile-of-trash.